Spa Wood Fatality – Thomas Welburn – 03 Oct 1912

Aged 16, Siding attendant, on his way outbye he stopped to speak to another siding attendant; the electric lights went out, and the latter thought deceased had switched them off; presently, however, he found deceased lying on his back insensible with one of the lighting cables, broken in his hand; his oil lamp was standing burning close at hand; it is not known what deceased was doing; the lighting wires were over 6 feet from the ground, quite out of the way of accidental contact; the pressure was 250 volts alternating; one wire was broken and the other had the insulation off for a length of 1½ inch; deceased was got clear and efficient artificial respiration was commenced 15 minutes after he got the shock, and continued for two hours without success


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.