- 1864 – 1882 : William Barningham and Company
- 1907 – 1918 : Sir Bernard Samuelson and Company
- 1918 – 1934 : Dorman Long and Company
- 1864 – William Barningham took out a lease on Aysdalegate Farm and Tidkinhow Farm.
- 1868 – Progress was very slow with the 268ft shaft still being sunk in March.
- 1877 – Production starts.
- 1880 – Production ends.
- 1882 – William Barningham dies.
The lease later passed to other companies, when it became part of Spa Wood mine , with the shafts only being used for ventilation.
The mine buildings survive today as private residences
Catalogue of Cleveland Ironstone Mine (Peter Tuffs, Cleveland Ironstone Series, 2003)
Guisborough District Mines (Simon Chapman, Cleveland Ironstone Series, 2001)