- 1864 – 1882 : William Barningham and Company
- 1907 – 1918 : Sir Bernard Samuelson and Company
- 1918 – 1934 : Dorman Long and Company
- 1864 – William Barningham took out a lease on Aysdalegate Farm and Tidkinhow Farm.
- 1868 – Progress was very slow with the 268ft shaft still being sunk in March.
- 1877 – Production starts.
- 1880 – Production ends.
- 1882 – William Barningham dies.
The lease later passed to other companies, when it became part of Spa Wood mine , with the shafts only being used for ventilation.
Catalogue of Cleveland Ironstone Mine (Peter Tuffs, Cleveland Ironstone Series, 2003)
Guisborough District Mines (Simon Chapman, Cleveland Ironstone Series, 2001)