- 1853 – 1886 : Weardale Iron and Coal Company
- 1861 – 1877 : (sub-leased) North of England Industrial Company.
- 1907 – 1929 : Bolckow, Vaughan and Company
- 1929 – 1931 : Dorman Long and Company
- 1855 – Production starts initially from surface quarries
- 1861 – Part of royalty sub-leased as South Belmont
- 1877 – Production ends
- 1907 – Bolckow and Vaughan take lease and relocate to Hunters Hill site
- 1909 – Production re-starts
- 1914 – Picking Belt and Aerial ropeway built and electric sirocco fan replaces furnace ventilation
- 1921 – Production ends
The lease later passed to Dorman Long but no further ironstone was ever produced
The mine buildings at Hunters Hill survive as a farm with other mine buildings in the woodland.
Belmont (East) is the area around the lake at the top of Belmangate, the site of the original 1853 – 1886 Belmont Mine.
Belmont (West) is the area under Highcliff and beyond, the site of the newer 1907 – 1931 Belmont Mine.
Catalogue of Cleveland Ironstone Mine (Peter Tuffs, Cleveland Ironstone Series, 2003)
Guisborough District Mines (Simon Chapman, Cleveland Ironstone Series, 2001)